Louisville Plastic Surgeon – Dr. Lee Corbett – Choosing Your Surgeon
Here in Louisville, you have many options as you consider Cosmetic Surgery. Not only are there many Plastic Surgeons, there are also a number of other types of doctors who perform cosmetic procedures. Perhaps the most important issue is choosing the right doctor. As you contemplate undergoing cosmetic surgery in Louisville, we would like to share with you some facts about cosmetic surgery many patients find surprising.
- Any doctor, regardless of their training, can legally claim to be a “Cosmetic Surgeon”.
- Doctors who advertise to be “Cosmetic Surgeons” may not be Plastic Surgeons.
- The term “Board Certified” does not guarantee your doctor is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- There is only ONE American Board of Plastic Surgery (www.abplsurg.org)
What does Certification by The American Board of Plastic Surgery® mean?
To become Board Certified a Plastic Surgeon must…
- Complete an approved Surgical Residency lasting 3 to 6 years
- Complete an approved Plastic Surgery Residency lasting 2-3 years.
- Pass a comprehensive written exam given by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Pass a three part oral exam administered by nationally recognized plastic surgeons chosen by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Complete continuing medical education, including patient safety each year
- Perform surgery in accredited, state-licensed facilities
- Adhere to a strict Code of Ethics.
Only those surgeons who have met all of the above criteria can become Board Certified in Plastic Surgery and be a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Dr. Lee Corbett:
- Completed a full 5 year General Surgery Residency
- Completed a full 2 year Plastic Surgery Residency
- Is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Re-Certified in Plastic Surgery in 2007
- Is an active Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
In 2007, Dr. Corbett Re-Certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery. This was done earlier than required in order to demonstrate his mastery of the most up to date information on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery. By passing this comprehensive written exam, he now has Board Certification with the American Board of Plastic Surgery through 2019. Proper physician training and experience are essential to ensure your well being and maximizing your surgical results.
Dr. Corbett has undergone years of rigorous residency training, has over 19 years of experience in private practice, has Board Certification and Re-Certification in order to provide you the experience and expertise in cosmetic surgery that you deserve.
Over the course of his career, Dr. Lee Corbett has helped thousands of patients enhance both their appearance and self-confidence through sophisticated plastic surgery procedures. His dedication and outstanding surgical skill have allowed him to earn a reputation as a leading Louisville breast augmentation, body lift and facelift surgeon. In addition, he is regarded as a talented Louisville tummy tuck and liposuction surgeon. Please visit the respective pages to learn more about these procedures.